Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
FINALLY, IT'S COMPLETE, JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS! OUR GIFT TO YOU, THE GIFT- THE MIXTAPE, PRESENTED BY US AND DJ THA KID QUEST(CHECK HIM OUT). MORE MIXTAPES IN THE WORKS. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD RIGHT HERE!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Just copy the code under the banner and paste on your myspace, message board or another blog. or create your own banner that links back to "elusionclothing.blogspot.com".
take a screen shot of your work and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org. a winner will be randomly selected from the email entries!!
Good Luck and Thanks!!
I WAS TALKING WITH MY FIANCE(LOVE YOU DURRELL...MUAH, LOL)ABOUT SOME OF THE BEST IN MUSIC WHO NEVER GOT THE ATTENTION THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE. HE ISN'T THE BIGGEST FAN OF R&B, BUT HE KNOWS MANY THAT SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN MORE THAN THEY DID IN THEIR CAREER. HERE'S OUR LIST.
1. DONELL JONES - NOBODY HAS THE TALENT OF MR. JONES TO US IN R&B. WE HAVE ALL OF HIS ALBUMS, EXCEPT HIS FIRST(I THINK IT WAS SELF-TITLED). I DON'T KNOW IF HE EVER WENT PLATINUM ON ANY OF HIS ALBUMS, BUT I FAITHFULLY BOUGHT HIS CD'S AND LOVED TO LISTEN TO THEM. HELL, WE STILL DO!
2. TAMIA - SHE HAS SOME OF THE BEST PIPES, NEXT TO MARIAH AND WHITNEY P.C. ("PRE-CRACK"). TAMIA HAS HAD 4 ALBUMS, I THINK. I OWN THREE OF THEM AND LOVE THEM ALL. SHE IS STILL TOURING, I THINK. MAYBE WE'LL HAVE HER SING AT OUR WEDDING. MY FIANCE USED TO HAVE THE HOTS FOR HER, WHEN SHE FIRST DROPPED THAT VIDEO, "YOU PUT A MOVE ON ME". REMEMBER THAT?
3. ANTHONY HAMILTON - WE LOVE ANTHONY. HE HAS AN OLD-SCHOOL SOUND THAT CAN NOT BE COPIED. VERY UNIQUE. HIS STYLE IS FLY TOO. NOTHING LIKE A COUNTRY GENTLEMAN, WITH A BEAUTIFUL VOICE. I BET THERE ARE A LOT OF MEN THAT CAN SING THAT PROBABLY DON'T KNOW IT.
4. AVANT - WE KNOW AVANT WELL, AND SUPPORT HIM 100%. HIS MUSIC IS INCREDIBLE. VERY UNDERRATED, BUT STILL OUT HERE DOING HIS THING. IF R&B WAS LIKE IT WAS MAYBE 10 YEARS AGO, AVANT WOULD BE MULTI-PLATINUM RIGHT NOW.
5. AMERIE - I FIRST HEARD AMERIE IN COLLEGE(2001). IT WAS HER FIRST SONG, "WHY DONT WE FALL IN LOVE". I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE TRACK AND BOUGHT HER ALBUM. MEETING MY FIANCE IN 2002, I PUT HIM ON TO HER. SHE HASN'T HAD AN ALBUM BETTER THAN HER FIRST, BUT SHE IS ONE OF THE MOST UNDERRATED SINGERS. AT ONE TIME, SHE WAS COMPARED TO MARY J. NO LONGER SIGNED, I HOPE SHE CAN GET A DEAL SOMEWHERE AND COME BACK OUT! WE LOVE HER TOO.
6. ERYKAH BADU - CLASSIC. SHE HAS IT ALL. WE LOVE HER! SHE HAD HER RUN TOO. NEVER GOT THE ATTENTION SHE DESERVED. PROBABLY BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T TAKE HER CLOTHES OFF.
7. MUSIQ SOULCHILD - MUSIQ IS ONE OF THE BEST TO EVER MAKE MUSIC. HE TAKES PRIDE IN EVERY SONG THAT HE CREATES. ALTHOUGH I DIDN'T CARE FOR THE ONE SONG HE JUST RELEASED A FEW MONTHS BACK(I THINK ITS CALLED RADIO), HIS SOUL SOUND IS VERY UNIQUE AND BEAUTIFUL. REMEMBER THE TRACK "LOVE"? THAT WAS MY JAM.
8. ERIC BENET - I SERIOUSLY LIKE THIS DUDE! THIS LAST ALBUM HE JUST RELEASED MAY BE ONE OF THE BEST I'VE EVER HEARD. TRUE R&B IS WHEN THE ARTIST ISN'T AFRAID TO REALLY SING ABOUT WHAT THEY FEEL. ERIC IS ONE OF THE BEST TO DO IT IN R&B. HE HAS STEPPED HIS GAME UP.
9. KELLY PRICE - WHAT HAPPENED TO KELLY? I THINK SHE SINGS GOSPEL NOW. IN THE LATE 90'S, KELLY WAS KILLING THE GAME. WITH MAJOR PRODUCTION FROM PEOPLE LIKE R. KELLY AND OTHERS, SHE DOMINATED FOR A LITTLE WHILE IN R&B. MAN, MUSIC HAS REALLY CHANGED SINCE THEN.
10. RAHEEM DEVAUGHN - THIS IS THE FUTURE DONELL JONES. THE TWO ALBUMS THAT HE'S RELEASED ARE BOTH ONES THAT CAN BASICALLY PLAY STRAIGHT THROUGH. HE'S AMAZING. HE'S ON MY IPOD IN HEAVY ROTATION. EVEN DURRELL LISTENS TO HIM. MATTER OF FACT, IT WAS DURRELL THAT BROUGHT HIM TO MY ATTENTION. DUDE CAN SING, FOR REAL.
HONORABLE MENTION: FAITH EVANS, JILL SCOTT, JAHEIM, HEATHER HEADLEY, JOE.
IS THIS LIST SIMILAR TO YOURS? LEAVE A COMMENT AND LET US KNOW...IN THE MEANTIME, CHECK OUT THIS VID FROM RAHEEM DEVAUGHN, 'CUSTOMER'. CHECK THE GIRL IN THE VIDEO. I AM DETERMINED TO BE IN THOSE BY SUMMER!!! LADIES, WE GOTTA ALL LOOK LIKE THIS! DID YOU KNOW THAT'S THE DREAM SINGING BACKGROUND? HE CO-WROTE THIS TRACK.
Friday, December 19, 2008
Only 20 Hours left for this one!! you can also use Prom code "Glow" its for 50% off as well and add this rep code for 1% off!!!
A Kid Named Cudi Returns Home from 2 La Jits 2 Quit on Vimeo.
SHOUTS TO DUKE AND KEV FROM THE S.L.A.B., THEY SENT ME THIS VID TODAY, SO YOU KNOW I GOTTA POST! PLUS, WE THINK CUDI IS PRETTY FLY, SO IT'S A NO BRAINER! CHECK OUT THE VID WHEN CUDI WAS IN CLEVELAND OVER THE HOLIDAY. SHOUTS TO PLAIN PAT! ANSWER MY CALLS!!! THE S.L.A.B. IS ON THE WAY HOME FROM ORLANDO. BE SAFE FELLAS...
IF YOUR EYES CAN'T SEE THE TRACKLISTING FOR SOME REASON, CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE. THIS WILL RELEASE EITHER TONIGHT OR TOMORROW.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Nike has produced a womens Air Jordan 1 for the occasion. The pink/white upper has been upgraded with a heart/basketball print on th side-panels. these just remind me of some type of shoes monica should have worn on Love and Basketball!!!
Reebok teams up with Kidz In The Hall to work on a series of collaborative footwear. We give you a first look today at the SK 7000 mid top sneaker that they worked on. It comes in a grey/red/silver colorway and a royal blue colorway, both keeping an overall clean look with leather/suede uppers
Black Noise, the first book by Brown University professor Tricia Rose, is perhaps the most important early study of hip hop culture. The work spawned a series of collected essays assessing hip hop in specific geographic locations, and remains the keynote text in the growing hip hop studies cannon. In her new book, The Hip Hop Wars: What We Talk About When We Talk About Hip Hop — And Why it Matters, Rose calls for a rejuvenation of the pioneering cultural feeling of hip hop. A move away from the ubiquitous image of corporately pushed rap music. Whether this effort will galvanize other scholars with the same force as Black Noise remains to be seen, what’s certain is that Rose has presented both sides of the argument with skill and intellectual vigor.
Get it at: Amazon
Tom Ford a American fashion designer who has worked with Gucci (and YSL) brings us his spring and summer collection of men suits.
I love Ray Ban and the Wayfarer are my fav!!! now i can customize em the way i want?? what gets better than this??
Ray Ban "Colorize" kit includes paint markers and stencil.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
A Different Me
WHAT YOU THINK? LEAVE US YOUR FEEDBACK.
I SEE YOU JAY. ROCKIN THE PRPS DENIM AND L.V. BELT. JAY IS STILL ONE OF THE FLYEST IN THE GAME. YOU GOTTA LOVE HIS SWAG RIGHT NOW. I REMEMBER JAY COULDN'T DRESS FOR SHIT, LOL.
Tatyana Ali, and Alfonso Ribeiro joined Will Smith at the Los Angeles premiere of his new film “Seven Pounds.” It’s good to see them back together. I will be seeing this movie on Friday.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
VID IS CRAZY!! HAS FUN WITH THE WALL STREET BAILOUTS!! LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT!!
Monday, December 15, 2008
WHAT HAPPENED TO HIP-HOP? IS IT THAT THE MUSIC GOT WORSE? IS IT THE INTERNET? IS IT THE POINTLESS MUSIC VIDEOS? WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE REAL REASON THAT HIP-HOP AND MUSIC OVERALL, IS IN THE STATE THAT IT IS TODAY? MUSICIANS JUST AREN'T SELLING ANYMORE. WITH RELEASES IN STORES TODAY FROM KEYSHIA COLE AND SEVERAL OTHERS(GO COP THAT K. COLE), WHY ARE WE AS A PEOPLE JUST NOT THAT HUNGRY FOR CD'S LIKE WE USED TO? I CAN REMEMBER GOING TO COCONUTS WITH MY ALLOWANCE MONEY BUYING SINGLES? DO THEY EVEN SELL SINGLES ANYMORE? LEAVE US YOUR THOUGHTS...
Our Friend, Mick Boogie and his P.I.C. Terry Urban took an unusual tour. They went underground in the BK on a tour! They went into the sewers! Here's direct quote from Mick himself:
Str8 Up Sewerside...
This week's Monday Moment is a special edition! Lol...
"Yesterday, Terry and I signed up for a Subway tour of Brooklyn promising subway tunnels from the 1800's. Historical right? Well, this is what we saw when we got there. Literally, a manhole in the middle of the street...and you climb down... thru traffic lol... and crawl thru a dirt tunnel... eventually reaching this abandoned tunnel. It WAS quite cool once you get down there... and the tour guide (who I think lives in there...lol) told crazy BK history..."
I don't think I'd do it. Then again, maybe I would. Would you? Here's the rest of the pics...
VISIT MICK'S BLOG, OVER IN OUR AFFILIATES SECTION. LOL. CRAZY...THIS GOES ON RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET! AH, GOTTA LOVE BROOKLYN.
Rules of Attraction: The Cool Kids from Eighty81 on Vimeo.
As touched upon, 2009 represents adidas’ 60th anniversary. With this comes great extravagance as adidas put together this “Diamond” pack featuring the iconic Superstar as well as a matching t-shirt. The Superstar is done up in six 0.2 carat diamonds inserted in-between the medial-side of the trademark three stripes. Swarovski crystals can also be seen throughout the shoe on the lacelocks and tongue ornaments. The tongue ornaments can also be removed and worn as a pendant. A total of 409 Swarovski crystals can also be seen on the adi Trefoil t-shirt. The Diamond pack will see a January 31st release in Taiwan, check your local adidas Originals dealers for availability. The Superstar and tee will be priced at $24,000 TWD and $2,280 TWD respectively in Taiwan (approximately $721 USD and $69 USD).
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Tracks for this mixtape are being finalized as we speak. Presented by us, it features a little of everything. We will be doing mixtapes on the regular just because we love music so much. Be sure to download this mixtape here on the blog and over at elusionclothing.com
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
THIS SONG MAY BE ONE OF MY FAVES RIGHT NOW. I HAVE THIS SONG IN ROTATION ON MY IPOD. THIS IS THE VIDEO FOR HIS TRACK, "PROMISED LAND". MAN, I WISH THE ROC WAS STILL TOGETHER. BUT LISTEN TO THE LYRICS IN THIS SONG. MAYBE THEY JUST WEREN'T MEANT TO BE. CHRIS, WE LOVE YOU MAN. KEEP DOIN YA THING.
Reversing the colorway from their original Dee Brown Pump Omni Lite’s, Reebok introduces yet another pair of tribute sneakers to the 1991 NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion. This time around the legendary kicks feature a white upper with black and orange accenting alongside Reebok’s trademark Pump and Hexalite shock absorbing cushioning system. Other details include numbering within the interior and special insoles featuring former Celtic Dee Brown throwing down his famous no-look slam dunk.
Alife and Reebok once again teamed up. This time Alife worked on the CL Lux and gave it an embossed leather upper. Just like in their previous Reebok collaboration they added a speckled mid-sole, Alife logo embroidery and multiple laces to each sneaker. Overall the pack consists of three colorways.
Up and coming Korean high end fashion designer Juun J. has been turning heads for a while now. His smart re-interpretations of the trenchcoat have been especially interesting. Today we present you an interesting project the designer has been involved in. As part of his Fall/Winter 2008 collection, Juun J. got together with Reebok to collaborate on two hi top sneakers.
The Juun J. x Reebok Hi Top Sneakers come in a black patent leather/black mesh colorway and a metallic bronze leather colorway. Both feature a velcro strap closure and padded ankle detailing. The Reebok logo is embossed on the side of the sneaker and on the tongue. The Juun J. logo is embossed on the heel.
The Juun J. x Reebok Hi Top Sneakers are now available at Seven New York and go for 235 USD.
Atmos once again got together with Reebok. This time they worked on the Pump Omni Lite and the Court Victory Pump and created the Hologram Neon Pack. The Pump Omni Lite comes in a silver/pink colorway, with the silver on the upper having the hologram feature. The Court Victory Pump comes in black/lime and the black on the upper has the hologram feature.